Terms & Conditions of Use
The Smart Method Ltd – Excel Central.com website
We've tried hard to keep these terms & conditions as simple, clear, short and jargon-free as possible.
What we promise to do
• We will not store your credit card details.
• We don't auto-renew registrations. If you want to continue your registration after one year you need to manually pay again.
• We will not, under any circumstances whatsoever give out or sell your information (including name and email address) to anyone.
• We will never send you an email unless it is directly related to your ExcelCentral.com registration.
• We'll behave ethically and correctly at all times and always do what we believe to be the "right thing" to resolve any query or dispute. Our ethos is to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
What you are allowed to do
As a registered user you are granted a non-transferable single-user license to:
• View the course(s) purchased online, on any number of devices (such as your PC, iPad or telephone) and in any location (such as at work, at home, on a train or in a coffee shop). If you want to watch a lesson at home, another on the train on the way to work, another on your work PC, and another using the coffee shop WiFi at lunchtime that’s perfectly OK.
• Download and make use of the sample files. You can download them as many times as you want to.
What you are NOT allowed to do
• Capture, download or save any of the videos you view from the web site.
• Remove copyright notices from any materials obtained from the web site.
• Allow other users access to the videos by sharing your username and password. Please be careful not to allow others to discover your user name and password. You have purchased a single-user license and may not allow others to use your account. Our servers automatically detect and report many forms of password sharing fraud.
Cancellation and Refunds
Registration fees are not refundable.
Termination or Suspension
We can terminate or suspend your registration under the following circumstances:
1/ Password sharing fraud. Please be careful not to allow others to know your user name and password. You have purchased a single-user license and may not allow others to use your account. Our servers can detect many forms of password sharing fraud.
2/ Abnormal Usage. You have unlimited personal access to the video content of the course(s) you have purchased. You can view a record showing all of the videos viewed (and the IP address used to view each video) by logging in and selecting My View Log.
If the pattern of use (revealed by the log) is abnormal or suggests abuse we can terminate your membership. Abnormal or abusive use will be determined at the sole discretion of The Smart Method Ltd.
We test our site using Android, iPad, Windows RT and Windows PC devices running the latest unmodified versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers. While we make every effort to maintain compatibility with these devices, we provide no warranty that your hardware will be compatible, or Internet connection will be sufficient, to access the training materials.
The training materials are provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. The licensor does not warrant that the tutorials will meet any specific requirement or are free from errors.
Limitation of remedies
The licensor's entire liability under any provision of this license agreement shall never exceed the price paid for the registration.
In no event will the licensor be liable to you for any damages, including without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, goodwill or other consequential damages arising out of the use, or inability to access, the training materials.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
We take great pains to attempt to ensure 100% uptime of our servers and that our site content is error and virus free. However, it is impossible to guarantee 100% uptime and even the world’s largest sites have been known to have occasional downtime.
We do not warrant that your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error free, virus free or completely secure but we will extend our best efforts in making it so.
Under no circumstances will The Smart Method Ltd be liable to any compensation for damages of any description caused by site downtime or any consequences of using the website.
The Smart Method Ltd retains copyright and all intellectual property for all materials published on the site. Nothing you read or see on the site may be copied, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use, without the prior written agreement of a director of The Smart Method Ltd.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Isle of Man, Great Britain.
If any provision of this agreement is for any reason found to be unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement will continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions regarding this agreement please contact:
The Smart Method Ltd
Great Britain IM1 5EP
Click here to Email
Fax: +44 (0)845 458 3281